I recently experimented with Butterfly Pea Tea or blue tea which originated from Thailand. I am intrigued with these tea because they have a very earthy flavor and produce a rich cobalt blue color! When something that has high acidic like lemon or lime, it changes color quickly to purple! According to researches it also has properties that help with stress relief. This Mango Blue Tea recipe is very easy to make.
- 1 cup mango juice
- 4-5 pcs of butterfly pea tea
- 1 cup of near boiling hot water (about 200 F)
- 1/2 tbsp of honey
- Add the tea in a large cup and add the hot water.
- Steep for 4 minutes and remove flowers.
- Let the tea cool and put it in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Take a clear glass and add 1 cup of mango juice.
- Add honey. Do not stir.
- Place a spoon on top of the glass in a slanted position and SLOWLY pour chilled blue too.
You can also add tapioca pearls or other toppings you like!